Monday, December 27, 2010

On the Third Day of Christmas...

One way to be absolutely sure you won't have time to knit is to decide to knit two scarves by Christmas.  I started about three weeks ago on Gryffindor scarves for my guys, thinking that they'd be pretty easy to finish since they were entirely done in garter stitch.  I looked at pictures of knitted Gryffindor scarves and planned my own, not following any particular pattern (I now wish I had done them this way - perhaps next Christmas!).


I carried those scarves everywhere I went, and began to think I needed my own time turner in order to get them wrapped and under the tree.  The last ends were woven in on Christmas Eve.  So.  Many.  Ends.  Both were knit from Vanna's Choice in Cranberry and Honey on size 9 needles.  I cast on 21 stitches and knit and knit and knit...


Now that Christmas Day is passed and I don't have a deadline, I have all the time in the world to knit!  I'm finishing up a sock yarn scarf (the yarn is Patons Kroy in Fern Rose Jacquard and the pattern is Red Heart's Colorful Waves Scarf) that began as a simple project to carry on an airplane back before Thanksgiving.  I don't really like the colors, but the pattern is fun.



As soon as I finish this scarf, I'm casting on the Cedar Leaf Shawlette by Alana Dakos.  I love her podcast and her blog, and have looked forward to knitting this pattern since she first published it!  The green is beautiful, but I think I'm going to use some yarn Santa brought...

No comments: