Friday, June 25, 2010

Two by Two (by Three)

I am so tired.  Maybe it has something to do with Friday night's sleepover when my son and his friend woke up to save the universe from evil clones at 4:45 am.  Maybe it has something to do with Saturday night's last-minute sermon writing.  Maybe it has something to do with Sunday's church services, one in the morning and one in the evening, each an hour away from home.  Maybe it has something to do with this.


I can't stop knitting.

My friends Julie and Sarah picked two socks on two circular needles as a summer project, and patiently helped me get started on the cuffs of mine when they were nearing the heels of theirs.  I've knit two pairs of socks on dpn's but at this point I'm having trouble remembering why anyone would ever choose to do that when you could knit them on two circular needles.  I love this method!

My yarn is Deborah Norville's Serenity Sock in blues and greens.  The superwash merino, bamboo, and acrylic content creates a wonderfully soft texture with just a hint of sheen.


Not only am I learning how to knit two socks on two circulars (really, is there any other way?!), but in the process I've also learned how to do the long tail cast on, how to slip slip purl, and how to pick up dropped stitches.  Well, that last one isn't exactly in the pattern...


Now, just a few more rounds of gusset decreases before I go to bed...

1 comment:

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

Wow, sounds easier than Dpn's you'll have to give us all a tutorial. Socks are looking cute -- but you should try to get some sleep!