Saturday, October 24, 2009

One Half


I finished the eighteenth square last week at clergy conference. The quilt is half-way done! And it's only taken eleven months!

On our only rainless afternoon last week, I sat up on the hill near the labyrinth, which inspired another potential pattern...



Gliding along the winding path
in a circle of safety
releasing my grip on my cares
and opening up inside,
dilated at the center of my soul...
not a hole
a vessel
a place of silence
a vacancy reserved for God
for spiritual communion
an inner sanctuary
purified by the consuming fire
of the Holy Spirit
and what is left there...
etched in the center of my soul is
"I am with you, there is nothing to fear."
-Anonymous

1 comment:

Julie Nolte Owen said...

Somehow, I missed several of your posts. . . wow. . . the blanket looks great! And I love worms in the next post!